I just wanted to give a quick update on all the exciting, hectic, nerve-racking, stress-inducing, beautiful chaos happening in my life right now (hence the lack of new posts). I’ll make this short because tomorrow is a little thing I like to call “First day of school! First day of school!” I’ve been in study mode all summer so it shouldn’t be a problem to just keep on keeping on. What I’ve been up to the past couple weeks that has kept me a little too busy to explore new recipes and has sadly left this blog a little neglected:
- Miraculously rocked my summer school finals (no more foreign language or English classes!!!)
- Explored the incredible city of Seattle for a short mother-daughter trip (Trip review and favorite RESTAURANTS post coming soon)
- Still currently hitting the last stretch of DAT studying HARD: a.k.a doing the same amount of work in a WEEK I did in my first MONTH of studying. Countdown is 4 DAYS! Yeah, I don’t want to talk about it right now. Moving on…
- Catching up with friends I haven’t seen all summer in my loads of free time
- Braving the crowds and checking out the brand new HEB in town (now the biggest in TX) and spending too much money
- Training for my new job as a Biology Supplemental Instructor so I can change the world, one little panicked “bio/pre-med” freshman at a time.
- Meetings with ASDA leadership and trying to get details for the year lined up (guess who wishes she would have had time to work more diligently on that over the summer)
- Getting organized and trying to wrap my brain around the fact that I start my junior year of undergrad tomorrow.
Here’s to another new, challenging, fun, exhausting, rewarding, and EXCITING new chapter!